Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Hello, happy scrappers!

Just stopping by to share my work with the Swirlydoos "Autumn Bloom" collection.

First, I worked on the sketch layout based on Kim's gorgeous sketch for the month.


Here's a few close-ups. I did touch the edges of the flower petals with some Glimmer Mist.

The garden tools were altered with some brown acrylic paint to match the layout better.

Here's Jax all dressed up for Easter.

Ok, I had to scrap another one of him just to show off his 'do. Yes, he did get his ears and feet colored to match his bowtie.

Just a close-up so you can see the altered chippy. I used Rae's technique with Perfect Pearls and embossing powders.

The metallic silver paper was from my stash.


Here's one for the ATF challenge this month. This picture was taken of me on my birthday while I still had Cody. He was my first Bichon Frise. 

I did have to add some flowers from my stash and then tucked in some microbeads.


I kept staring at this piece of paper and wondering what to do with it. The flowers were calling for me to fussy cut them but I kept ignoring them. I finally decided to flip the paper on it's side and then just add more flowers to the bouquet already on the page.

Remember Heather's Facebook live page last month? Well, that was the inspiration for this page. I really liked the vertical strips of torn paper and the twine wrapped around the page so I did it on this layout.


Then, I tried some more torn, layered papers with a little bit of lacing.

More cardboard tucked in for dimension and texture.

Here's the lacing with twine.

My dd about 18 years ago with her grandma.


For this one, I decided to white wash the background so it was more subtle.

Then I added some splats of Glimmer Mist.



How about a few cards with the scraps?

These were made with scraps from last two Swirly kits.


Here's a sneak of the Stickles holder. I have a video tutorial that will be published on Saturday, November 25th. Look for it here on the blog and Swirlydoos Youtube channel.

And, here's another project created with the last tidbits of the kit. Look for the video tutorial next month.









0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed