Friday, September 2, 2016
Hello, Swirly Savages!

I hope you have been enjoying your August Swirlydoos kit. Krissy did it again. It's a beauty!

You gotta love those Blue Fern Studio papers-so heavy. The papers hold up well for mixed media. And, that technique kit add-on, oh my! The VerDAY paint set from Ten Second Studio is super fun. I'll be sharing a video tutorial later this month starring the VerDAY paints.

I used the VerDAY paints to alter some pieces on the sketch page for August.

Here's the sketch.


And, here's my interpretation of it.



 I used the VerDAY in Iron to alter some of the Prima gold trim that was included in the embellishments add on. The BoBunny chipboard butterfly and a strip of metal trim was also altered in the same way. (We got the metal in the October Swirlydoos embellishment kit which can be purchased here). Random stamping and splats were added to the background paper. All the flowers were included in the main kit and flower add on. 

The pictures of me and hubs were taken after we rode our new to us Harley through a major rain storm. We could barely see as the wind was blowing the rain sideways. Cars and semis were pulling off to the shoulder of the road due to the high winds and limited visibility in the heavy rains. We were SOAKED!!! But, we were safe and the rain cooled us down a bit. We just had to ride another 2 hours with wet clothes on. 

Here's a few close-ups.


Here's the little embellishment cluster in the upper corner. That's some of the Prima trim altered with the VerDAY paint in iron.



Here's a few close-ups of the metal piece that was altered with VerDAY in Iron.





Ok, now I'd like to share a mini canvas using the VerDAY paints. Have I told you I just love playing with them?! I covered the canvas in the Iron paint. Let it dry for an hour. Then, I used the Tim Holtz sunburst stencil to dab more Iron paint on the canvas. After immediately spraying the wet paint to get the rusted effect, I allowed that to dry before decorating with another BoBunny chipboard butterfly treated the same way. Some flowers from the kit, a few Timmy phrases and bit of twine and it's done. The bling was included in an older Swirlydoos kit.




This one used some more of the Prima gold trim that was altered. I added a few of the chipboard pieces that were altered with Tim Holtz stain and then touched up with the embossing powder included in the embellishements add on. I cut apart the rub ons included in the kit and added them to the background. The butterflies were part of last month's Swirlydoos kit.

My daughter on her recent road trip to Arizona and California with her boyfriend.



Just a few detail pictures.





Here's my All that Flutters entry. I added some black embossing paste to the background using a Dusty Attic stencil. The butterflies were altered with the VerDAY paints and then stamped with black Archival ink using a newsprint stamp. The flowers were part of the main kit and flower add on.

Another picture of my daughter in Arizona. Isn't that sky beautiful?


  
And, a few close-ups.






How about some cards? I love making cards that are different, cards that are interactive or have some type of folding or cutting to make them interesting. Here's my first card. I used some more of the Prima gold trim altered with the VerDAY paint in Copper. The flowers were part of the flower add on this month. The "dream" card was part of last month's kit. I always leave out the remains from the prior month's kit so I can use them with the new kit. Never fails, the oldies go with the new kit.



Here's another card in the same style. I will share a tutorial with you later on how to make this card.

Here's one more card. This one has some interesting cuts and folds to make it unique.

Here's the front of the card.

A top view to show the cut and fold.




 Now, one last layout to share. I used the VerDAY paints on the chipboard title, the tags and even on the background paper. Some black embossing paste with a Tim Holtz stencil and some mica flakes add to the grungy background. 


Here's a few close ups for you.



Well, after all of that I'm down to my scraps. So it's time for another edition of "Scrap your Scraps."

Here's my SYS layout.


A few close-ups.








Video to be added shortly.






I'll be sharing some VerDAY techniques with you in an upcoming video tutorial.

This is a Design Team project I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!






0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed