Monday, August 1, 2016
Typically I open my kit, oooh and aaaah, then I start on the sketch challenge. So, let me share my interpretation of the beautiful July sketch with you. Shhhhh! It's a wedding gift for my husband's nephew. The wedding is this Saturday so don't tell! I Facebook stalked the lovely soon-to-be newlyweds and found their engagement photos to scrap.
There is some random "Congratulations!" stamping on the background. Then, I did some embossing with the Dusty Attic "Heart Attack" stencil and white embossing paste. The photo mat was cut using a Spellbinders die. The vines were my latest "mooost" have after borrowing Kathi's die at camp. It's a Poppystamps die called Monterey Vine. I used white cardstock and then misted with Color Bloom in Lime Wedge. I added some Tim Holtz Hearts from a past kit and some swirly bling from my stash. Oh, the filmstrip was from a past kit, too. I just cut out the images in the center so I could add my own photos instead.
Now, I loved the "Swirly Girl Challenge" aka SGC again this month. It is hosted by a different Swirlydoos member each month so you never know how you will be challenged!
Here's Hanne's challenge and all the twists.
To combine these things I want you to
1. Use two pics, yes, two, not one and not more than two – two for my birthdate!
2. A birthdaygirl always love flowers, a lot of flowers and even more flowers, so take those flowers you are hoarding out and use them.
For extra points:
3. Use pics from the summertime or a birthday.
4. Use a poem as the title or/and as journaling.
5. Use butterflies.
6. Use paints, pasts and/or mists.
7. Use two of chipboards, butterflies, metal, wood veneer or other stuff. Please tell me what you have used two of.
8. I love to color my chipboards with embossing powder, so the use of embossing powder on chipboards or anywhere else on your layout gives an extra point.
So, I used 2 pictures from this summer. I used 2 mists on the papers, I used 2 pieces of chipboard in the title which were colored with 2 colors of embossing powder. I have 2 pieces of patterned paper for my background, 2 large flowers, 2 feathers cut from the "atlas" ribbon included in the kit, 2 small flowers, 2 vines that were misted with Color Bloom in Lime Wedge, and 2 pieces of TH bling from a past kit. Whew! That's a lot of twos!
Now, on to share a waterfall card that I created with much of the ephemera included in the embellishments add on for July. It's an anniversary card that I will give to the hubs next month. So, I told him not to look too closely! (He likes to see what I've made so I couldn't hide it.)
The front of the card has a "waterfall" feature. And, here's a video to show you how it opens.
I'll be back on Wednesday with more July projects to share with you.
These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!
Swirlydoos Site Links
First we would like to thank all those who applied. It took us some time to come to a decision after going through each and every wonde...
Hi everyone, Peggy here, stopping in to introduce myself and share a little bit about me. I live in Central New Jersey, a few ...
Are you looking for a challenge to get your mojo back? Check out the forums to see what Swirlydoos is doing in February. One of our o...
Well, this RR challenge really caught my eye with the delicate colors and the gorgeous flower cluster. Kathi explained the fact that there...
Hi there! Join me on my video tutorial and make this deceptively simple flower using Sizzix Alterations Tattered Floral dies, stamen, some...
Hello, Swirly Savages! I was pretty excited to get all that gorgeous LemonCraft paper in the January kit of the month, Delicate. Were y...
The layout of the week this week goes to Rae!!!! Congratulations Rae, I loved this gorgeous layout made for the March Round Robin Chall...
Yay! It's mine turn to share projects created with the Swirlydoos February kit of the month! Here's my interpretation of the ...
Hi everyone. For today's Saturday tutorial I have 2 cards for you. I have started a monthly card challenge on the forum, these are ...
Hey Savages, Kim here with my full reveal of projects created with the Swirlydoos November *Market Street* monthly kit. This kit is so ja...
- 2017 (40)
- Swirlydoos August Scrapbook Kit Reveal
- Easy Gift Box Snapguide Tutorial
- Flash Sale! 30% Off
- Saturday Tutorial with Ginny
- Weekly Challenge Highlights.
- Monthly Scrappy Space Spotlight
- Layout of the Week-8/14/16
- **Tutorial Saturday** with Jan
- Challenge Highlights August 12th
- Layout of the Week - August 7th
- Shadow Box *Saturday Tutorial* with Kim
- Moments Captured-Second Reveal with Jan
- Challenge Highlights August 3rd
- Moments Captured Reveal with Ginny - Part 2
- **July kit Reveal** Part 1 with Jan
- 2015 (170)
- 2014 (230)
- 2013 (207)
- 2012 (253)
- 2011 (182)
- 2010 (118)
- 2009 (38)