Friday, October 30, 2015
Hello Ladies, 

Well what can I say, I have absolutely loved being a Guest Designer for Swirlydoos this month! I have learned so much since I joined Swirlydoos nearly 2 years ago and made many friends, to then be able to do this has been amazing ! Thank you for giving me the chance to join the very talented and awesome Design Team at Swirlydoos and the gorgeous kit I had to showcase !!!
 But I haven't finished, not quite yet !!! I have been busy finishing off using my kit up and have another 3 layouts to show you before I bow out !
These 3 layouts are all quite different, just to show how varied your projects can be out of these kits.

The first one is using THAT Ceiling Tile out of the Embellishment kit add on .... when I first saw it I said to myself   'what am I going to do with that' !!! BUT then I could just see so many ways to use it ! I had to do a mixed media layout with it and treat it a bit like a canvas, so here it is...


First of all this is going on my wall, so I punched hanging holes with a Cropodile in the top 2 corners and linked a chain on with link rings to hang. The photo is a favourite of mine, of hubby and the kids.
I used clear gesso as a base and then used mists to splatter and Finnabair gold crackle texture paste through a mask for the background. My photo is backed on to ripped misted cardboard. I  misted over a piece of the metal border strip and one of the chippie pieces that were both in the Embellishment kit add on. The flowers had a severe misting several times over ! Most of the other embellishment were from previous Swirlydoos kits and then I added loads of seed beads, chains and micro beads.
 
The next is a soft pretty layout, back to the shabby chic style I love !


This layout was done using up a lot of scraps and end pieces from the 12x12 papers, the last of my flowers plus a few extra from the Swirlydoos store and previous kits and some masking with texture paste. The edges have all had  Shimmerz Inklingz 'First Blush' brushed on them. I used some die cut pieces to finish of with the Prima Junkyard pieces from the main kit and the a tag.
For all you butterfly enthusiasts out there the butterfly die is called 'Little Frosted Butterfly' by Wild Rose Studio. The Ivy die is called Ivy Flourish by  Joanna Sheen Signature dies.

In my last layout I have really tied to keep the 'Autumn/ Fall' theme from some of the Blue Fern Studio 'Autumn Anthology' papers.



By this point I had run out of flowers from the kit (gasp...horror) so I used the BoBunny Noteworthy ephemera, my remaining chippie, the blackboard sign and Prima Wood Icons 'GardenFable', all from the kit and add ons, onto my stamped background. To finish the page I fussy cut lots of mushrooms and toadstools. 
And that's it......the kit is gone...... :(

Now looking forward to the next kit !
 Thank you for taking the time to look.

Ginny    :)

2 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Ginny, your gorgeous projects have been such an inspiration; I'm so glad that you could spend this month as a guest designer!!!!

talkis23 said...

wow wow wow amazing Layout your are so talented. tfs

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed