Saturday, July 4, 2015
Hello all you savages out there! I'm so happy to share with you my creations with the June kit, Boys Night Out,  and a video tutorial of a tag I made for our July tag challenge.

Here's my tag that I made with parts from the main kit, tech kit, mediums kit and the flowers kit and  a few things from my stash.  You can see a complete supply list in the video or in the tag challenge.







.  Have a look at my tutorial and make a tag and enter it in our July tag challenge.



 This kit is really versatile, you can go "manly" or feminine and I did both!  This first layout is on the "manly" side with a photo of our grandson.   I added the burlap from my stash and masked on some drips and drabs to sort of mimic the background of the Kaisercraft paper that I used for my base.


 I made the paper rosettes from kit paper and sprayed heavily with Prima's Empress Gold mist from the Mediums Kit and then added some touches of teal paint.

  The Creative Embellishments chipboard birthday banner is from my stash.  I simply misted it with the Prima mist (Empress Gold) that came in the Mediums Kit.  That mist has really intense coverage, love it!

Next I explored the more feminine side of the kit with this layout of my parents. I used a Creative Embellishments chipboard frame and flourishes from my stash and some tiny roses; everything else is from the main kit and Signature Flower Kit.  The frame is heat embossed with Stampendous aged ivory embossing enamel.  I sprayed some Prima Empress Gold mist on my craft mat and painted the edges of the flowers a bit with it.



The vines are misted with Lindy's Mission Bell Brown (from my stash) and then touched with a little Prima Empress Gold that came in the Mediums Kit.




I used the June sketch for this next layout.  Our monthly kits always include a fabulous sketch!


Here I've done a heritage LO of my grandparents using the above sketch.  I don't know how to do minimal so I added lots to the background!  The pretty gold lace is from my stash (Thank you Kathi!) as are the Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces.  The background masking was done with the mask in this month's Mediums Kit and Prima Texture Paste that we got at camp.  I also applied some Prima mist and Bo Bunny Glitter Paste also from the Mediums Kit.


  I used the Thermoweb iCraft Deco Foil from the Technique Kit to cover the Creative Embellishment chipboard pieces from my stash. It really makes a pretty embellishment.   You can see how I used the deco foil in my video above.

The flowers are from the Signature Flower kit and I bought the vine in the Swirlydoos boutique.  I cut the vine apart and layered it under my blooms.  





Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today! If you are not a Swirlydoos Kit Club subscriber, please consider it so that you never miss any of our beautifully coordinated kits. Please visit Swirlydoos Kit Club and click on Join Our Club on the left side bar. Be sure to mention my name, Maggi, when you subscribe because you will receive a 10% discount on your first kit AND a coupon for 30% off an entire purchase in the Swirlydoos store. Your Swirlydoos store purchases are always shipped free when shipped along with your monthly kit. Swirlydoos also maintains a Forum where everyone can share their work, tell stories and have a ton of fun! We have monthly challenges too so please come and join us!




0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed