Saturday, July 11, 2015
Hi! Today I'm sharing my projects with the June kit, Boys Night Out. The minute I laid my hands on this kit, I knew it would be perfect for some older photos with me and my father, and also a couple of pics with my father and his younger brother. The colors of this kit was just perfect for the 70's photos!

First, let me show you my sketch page. The photos are of my father and his younger brother, in the early 50's. They look so cute! I have used pieces of the BoBunny ephemera under the photos, to build up some layers. Then lots of flowers (from the flower add-on and some from my own stash). I adore the chains from Prima, here I added one to the Cameo.


Close-ups:



Next, a layout with a photo of me and my father. He passed away in 2011, and I miss him so much. The title for this page: If I could turn back time...


I have painted the background paper with some white gesso and then sprayed with light brown/gold mist. I have also used a stamp here and there, and put some stickers from the main kit in a couple of places. Then I cut out several of the clocks from one of the papers and added them under the photo. The frame around me and my dad is from the BoBunny ephemera (add-on kit). Also from the kit; metal handle, chipboard clock, brads, dark red flower, butterfly.



When I created my third page, I decided to play with circles. I started with the diecut-paper and then added circles in different sizes. I have also built up some layers under the photo, with paper pieces from the kit. Several flowers from the kit (and some from previous kits and my stash), a metal handle, wooden pieces from Prima, chipboard clocks from BoBunny, brads, bling  and then this layout was finished. This one took hardly no time at all - everything practically fell into place :)

And yes, the photo is of me and my dad!




And now for my final layout with this amazing kit, and I also have a step-by-step on how I made this one!


Everything on this page is from the main kit, flower add-on and embellishment add-on, except two black flowers from Kaisercraft (from previous kit) and a small piece of paper (from the May kit). I have also used my own mists, a black and a gold one. 

Here is the step-by-step, and prepare yourself for lots of photos!

I started with the black corrugated  paper from Fancy Pants (embellie add-on):


Here are most of the embellies I used (added the chains and Prima wood piece later in the process).


I took two of the beautiful patterned papers from the main kit and tore the edges. Then I glued them onto the corrugated paper.


Then I applied a thin layer of clear gesso, using an old credit card. This is to make the mist, which I will show you soon, blend together better. 


I used a black and a gold mist and sprayed a few times. I let the colors run and blend together.


The pieces of paper I tore before, came to use:


I have used three pieces of paper under my photo, two are from the papers in this months kit, one from last months (needed some red color in this layout). I glued chipboard scraps in the back of each piece of paper, to get lots of dimension. 


Then I glued the paper pieces in the middle of the layout, and folded the edges a bit.


I then added my photo (distressed the edges a bit).


Then I had fun with lots of the beautiful flowers in this kit! The black ones and the larger brown one, I sprayed with gold mist. When I add flowers, I layer them and put some under the papers (which is possible since I have the chipboard scraps under the papers). This way everything melts together nicely. I think brown, gold and black is my new favourite color combo!


I then added the embellies, a metal handle, chipboard clock with brad in the middle and some bling squares. I still felt like something was missing though. Then I laid my eyes on the chains from Prima, from the embellie add-on, and just had to add some! I put some glue under the edge of the photo/papers, and glued the chains there (in three places). 


Nice, huh?!


Just had to add a wood piece from Prima (main kit), a little looking glass. Then I covered the photo and sprayed with gold mist on the flowers and chains. 




Last, I added the title: Father. From the BoBunny ephemera.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you had fun and maybe got some inspiration! 

xoxo
Helena







2 comments:

Rae said...

Stunning projects, Helena! Love the tutorial!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial, thank you!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed