Saturday, June 28, 2014
 
Hello everyone,
 
Today I have this card to share:



And well.... I can assure you that there were many times, during the creative process, that I thought: You should have left it alone!!!!! But.... we here at Swirlydoos.... we just can't stop adding right?
So that is exactly what I did, and I'm not too unhappy with it.


For the base of my card I folded an A4 piece of cardstock double and drew a circle, which at the top, is a little overlapping to create a double round card.


Then I drew another circle (same size as the base card) on PP and cut it out.

(Excuse me for the dirty background)
I distressed the edges and glued it onto my opened card base. I find that when you open up your card, you can align it better. Especially helpful with a stripe designed paper.


I cut a piece of PP at 4.1/2 x 3.1/4 for my first layer and rounded the corners.


Then, and excuse me for this tag being teared, I cut a tag at 2.1/4 x 3
(that is what you get if you want to use your scrap)


And I placed both pieces like in the picture.


Then I cut another tag from that beautiful rose PP at 5.1/4 x 2.3/8. I distressed and inked the edges.


I glued it to the center piece but did raise it a litlle, by using a piece of the box, the kit came in. I also teared, it looks like a letter M to me, from an old book page.


I glued it on top of the frist little tag.


Then I cut a little strip at 2.1/2 x 5/8. This will be a mat for my (from the barcode strip) cut out sentiment *friendship*


Both pieces got their edges distressed and inked


And I glued them to the rose tag like this.


Then I took out a little mesh and placed it over my center. (I made this picture a little darker, for you to see the mesh better)


I die cutted some flowers (I used the Spellbinder rose die)


Shaped the edges and turned it into a flower.


I placed my flower on top of the book-page tag and added some bling which came in the kit and 2 handmade leaves.


Then I added a little strip of burlap.


I added some structure paste. (And here's where I thought: I should have left it alone)


Because I wanted to add a few mists, but sadly I grapped the wrong bottle and urgh... It turned out a dark blue instead of a lighter teal. So I added some gold mist and some Papersoft and eventually after everything was dry, I added some inka gold.


To finish it off, I glued a resin



and some pearl strand.
********
SO learn from my mistake and put the bottles of mists you want to use in front of you,
 to make sure that you will NOT grab the wrong color mist.

I hope you like it anyway, and have a lovely weekend.
 
 


5 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Prachtige creatie.
Leuk zo'n stukje NL krant.
Gr Elly

luv46kdz said...

Paulien, you did wonderful, but I sympathize with you, sometimes we just don't "feel" the piece we've created.

Paula

marijke said...

thank you for this wonderfull tutorial I loooove the result

mommyx2 said...

It's gorgeous! Sometimes mistakes turn out better than intended as was this case :).

Peggy said...

LOL, Paulien, I just call them "happy accidents" and go from there.
As you should: this card is gorgeous!!! I love the design and scraps, the gold and shabby, and that beautiful, beautiful handmade flower!!!

Search

Loading...

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow by Email

SwirlydoosKits Video Tutorials

Loading...

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream