Saturday, January 18, 2014
Hi Everyone! Amarilys here and today I have a tutorial on how to make the soft pink blooms that I used on my latest layout. So, let's get started!
- pink cardstock from Jan Swirlydoos Add On Cardstock Kit
- Miniature silk & tulle roses Jan Swirlydoos Add On Signature Flower Kit
- Heartfelt Creations flower stamps (Delicate Asters PreCut Set)
- Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters Die
- StazOn Archival Ink (Timber Brown)
- embossing mat (or mouse pad) and embossing tool
- adhesive of your choice
- Optional: Diamond Stickles
Step 1. Die cut 2 of each different size (except for the smallest one) of the delicate asters flowers from the light pink cardstock.
Step 2. Stamp each flower on it's corresponding size die cut.
TIP: Use a clear block and add a small piece of double sided tape to the center. Add the die cut flower to this and stamp the paper UNTO the rubber stamp, instead of the traditional way. This way you can control and clearly see what you are doing!
Step 3. Shape each petal as shown. For the larger petals you want to do it from the back and from the tip to the front.
Step 4. When you are done shaping each petal, turn the flowers right side up and cusp the center to make a bowl shape.
Step 5. For the small flower you want to just cusp the center on the right side of the stamped flower as shown.
Step 6. Layer each individual flower, staggering the petals to give your a fuller bloom.
Step 7. This is what you end up with when you have layered all the flowers. At this point, you can add anything to the center!
Step 8. Add a Miniature silk & tulle roses from the Jan Swirlydoos Add On Signature Flower Kit to the center.
Step 9. Add Diamond stickles to the edges and make some leaves to go with it too!
Here's how the flower looks in a finished layout:
Thank you checking out my tutorial and if you make a bloom, please share it with me! I'd love to see it!
If you want to see all the projects I made with this kit, please stop by my blog!
Swirlydoos Site Links
First we would like to thank all those who applied. It took us some time to come to a decision after going through each and every wonde...
Hi everyone, Peggy here, stopping in to introduce myself and share a little bit about me. I live in Central New Jersey, a few ...
Are you looking for a challenge to get your mojo back? Check out the forums to see what Swirlydoos is doing in February. One of our o...
Well, this RR challenge really caught my eye with the delicate colors and the gorgeous flower cluster. Kathi explained the fact that there...
Hi there! Join me on my video tutorial and make this deceptively simple flower using Sizzix Alterations Tattered Floral dies, stamen, some...
Hello, Swirly Savages! I was pretty excited to get all that gorgeous LemonCraft paper in the January kit of the month, Delicate. Were y...
The layout of the week this week goes to Rae!!!! Congratulations Rae, I loved this gorgeous layout made for the March Round Robin Chall...
Yay! It's mine turn to share projects created with the Swirlydoos February kit of the month! Here's my interpretation of the ...
Hi everyone. For today's Saturday tutorial I have 2 cards for you. I have started a monthly card challenge on the forum, these are ...
Hey Savages, Kim here with my full reveal of projects created with the Swirlydoos November *Market Street* monthly kit. This kit is so ja...
- 2017 (40)
- 2016 (173)
- 2015 (170)
- Another Card Tutorial by Paulien
- More layouts with the Shabby Chalet Kit
- Layout of the Week 1/26/14
- January Mediums Add On Tutorial: Make Friends with...
- Help Swirlydoos win a small business grant!
- New Card tutorial, using our Beautiful *Shabby Cha...
- More January Challenge Highlights
- Layout of the Year 2013!
- Layout of the Week 1/19/2014
- Flower Tutorial by Amarilys
- Winter CHA Pictures!
- Layout of the Weel 1/13/14
- January Blog Hop Winners!!!!!
- January Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!
- January Challenge Highlights
- LOTW 1/5/2014 Kim Heard
- Featured Member *Misha McClain*
- Distressed Embossed Chipboard Tutorial
- 2013 (207)
- 2012 (253)
- 2011 (182)
- 2010 (118)
- 2009 (38)