Friday, March 25, 2011
OMGoodness, is it just me or has this week been a drag? I am so happy to be within spittin' distance of Saturday so that I can roll around in all of the glorious yummy-ness that is the Swirlydoos April kit. Reveal day for the April kit is closer than you think and you are in for a serious treat.
Quick update....we have raised enough money to buy 2...that's right 2 iPads for Autism!!!! YAY! We are close to buying our 3rd and just need a little more and we'll be there. If you can find a way, we would really appreciate your support and donation.
OK, so what has been going on with our savages this week?
- Well, our very own Irene Tan posted her first video tutorial! Can you believe it? I couldn't. I mean, this is Irene we are talking about here. As you can imagine the video is smokin' hot and I loooooooove her flowers. Hop on over to our tutorials section and check out her video. You can click HERE to go see it.
- Our SGC (Swirly Girl Challenges) for this month are winding down and you really have to see the entries. I may be bias, but I doubt it, because we really have the most creative bunch of artists there are. Really, it's true. I wouldn't lie to you; cross my heart.
- Our on-going monthly challenges are winding down as well. Our monthly Kit Sketch Challenge and Angelica's Butterfly challenge have produced some of the most outstanding entries I've seen around. It seems like month after month our savages bring it! They step up to the plate and then kick it up a notch and top themselves every month. Good stuff!!!
- Our monthly Round Robin challenge IS the best Round Robin to be found anywhere. Every one pushes their own level of creativity and raises the bar for the next person on their team. If you are looking to grow in your craft this is without a doubt the place to be. Sign-ups are going on right now for April so head on over and sign up.
- We now have a new and separate section dedicated to the Anatomy of a Page. Each month a member of the Design Team with take you through their creative process.
- Our lay out of the week is by our own Mandy H. All I can say is wow. Mandy is one incredibly talented artist. You HAVE to check out her page. Congratulations Mandy!!!
- Our scrapbook question of the week was posted by one of our savages. Here is her question: Do you start with the picture or the paper? Head on over and let us know what you do.
Swirlydoos Site Links
First we would like to thank all those who applied. It took us some time to come to a decision after going through each and every wonde...
Hi everyone, Peggy here, stopping in to introduce myself and share a little bit about me. I live in Central New Jersey, a few ...
Are you looking for a challenge to get your mojo back? Check out the forums to see what Swirlydoos is doing in February. One of our o...
Well, this RR challenge really caught my eye with the delicate colors and the gorgeous flower cluster. Kathi explained the fact that there...
Hi there! Join me on my video tutorial and make this deceptively simple flower using Sizzix Alterations Tattered Floral dies, stamen, some...
Hello, Swirly Savages! I was pretty excited to get all that gorgeous LemonCraft paper in the January kit of the month, Delicate. Were y...
The layout of the week this week goes to Rae!!!! Congratulations Rae, I loved this gorgeous layout made for the March Round Robin Chall...
Yay! It's mine turn to share projects created with the Swirlydoos February kit of the month! Here's my interpretation of the ...
Hi everyone. For today's Saturday tutorial I have 2 cards for you. I have started a monthly card challenge on the forum, these are ...
Hey Savages, Kim here with my full reveal of projects created with the Swirlydoos November *Market Street* monthly kit. This kit is so ja...
- 2017 (40)
- 2016 (173)
- 2015 (170)
- 2014 (230)
- 2013 (207)
- 2012 (253)
- 2010 (118)
- 2009 (38)