Friday, January 15, 2010
Welcome back everyone. Well it is “Day 6” and I am so happy that you are still with me. Today I will be featuring close up photos of my “My Little Snowflake” layout. I created many layouts using the Swirlydoos kit, but this one gave me trouble! Lol.

It doesn’t look anything like it started out to be. I had a fancy swirl, fancy paper and curved lettering, the works! I just wasn’t happy with the finished page. It seemed as if my photo was disappearing into the patterned paper and my embellishments just weren’t working…what’s a girl to do? Start over, that’s what. Lol!


The title and snowflake border were probably the most time consuming.

I started with white Smooch paint and painted every other snowflake. I then used purple, then blue. Whew! Glad that’s done. I set it aside to dry.

The title letters “SNOW” were cut using my Cricut Storybook Cartridge. Well, actually, the cartridge belongs to my cousin who so kindly let me borrow it. The letters I used for “FLAKE” were included in the Swirlydoos Add-on kit. I lighted inked the letters with Distress ink and then made small lines using my purple Smooch ink.

I cut a snowflake from the snowflake lace-cut cardstock and adhered it to the lower left side of the photo. I then used the snowflake cut out from my Silhouette – snowflake card design. I just love the swirl that design has...like the wind is blowing. I then added a flower and placed a brad in the center.

List of Products
Bo Bunny - Snowy Serenade – Winter Night Patterned Paper
Bo Bunny – Snowy Serenade – Sticker Sheet
Bo Bunny – Snowy Serenade – Brads
Cardstock - Purple
Creative Café – Alphabet
Creative Imaginations - Magical Snowflake Patterned Paper
Cricut Cartridge – Storybook – Alphabet
Distress Ink – Dusty Concord
Making Memories – Small Alphabet – Black
Martha Stewart Edge Punch
MyLYB Snowflake lace-cut cardstock
Petaloo Flowers
Silhouette – Snowflake Card Design – Snowflake Flourish
Smooch Inks – Blue, Purple and White
Unique Pages – Chipboard Snowflake Border

0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed